How to take before and after photos
The definitive guide.
Before and after pics always tell a story. Although we typically think of that story as one that relates to body shape change, weight loss and muscle gain, they can just as powerfully tell the story of how a client has overcome injuries, improved their flexibility, increased their strength and most every other improvement they’ve made.
What this guide includes.
- Four types of before and after pictures to get excited about.
- How to take professional, accurate ‘official’ transformation photos.
- Ensuring your clients love them and they inspire others.
- The six helpful details to include with any pictures that go public, and
- What to do if you have no before photos!
When done well, ‘before and after’ photos are incredibly powerful. Done not so well and they can damage our reputation as a health and fitness professional. Not done at all and we lose a golden opportunity.
What else is in the guide? A bunch of FAQs like…
- Can clients do their own pics?
- Should I do them for all clients, even if they are not in a ‘challenge’
- Can before pics be de-motivational?
- Are ‘progress’ pictures different?
- What’s best when it comes to lighting, tans and posture?
- Isn’t there an App that can help me with all of this?
- Do PTs charge for taking photos?
- How can pics showing no change be the most inspirational ones… ever?